In 2015–16 the amount of aggregates, masonry and soil recovered for reprocessing in Victoria was 4.1 million tonnes. This is an increase of 3 per cent from 2014–15.
Of the total aggregates, masonry and soil recovered in 2015–16 (compared to 2014–15):
Composition of aggregates, masonry and soil material recovered for reprocessing (by weight), Victoria 2015–16
In 2015–16, the C&D sector contributed almost 100 per cent of aggregates, masonry and soil for reprocessing, a slight increase from 98 per cent in 2014–15. The remaining 2 percent was equally distributed between the MSW and C&I sectors.
The figure below shows the change in the recovery of aggregates, masonry and soil material over the past 10 years. Incoming material to reprocessors varies from year to year according to available stockpile space in Victoria which, in turn, is impacted by both available feedstock and market demand for processed product. This year's recovery increase is likely attributed to the reprocessing of stockpiled material over previous years and ongoing strength in the construction sector.
Recovered aggregates, masonry and soil waste recovered for reprocessing, Victoria 2006–07 to 2015–16
Connect with us on social media or sign up to our newsletter
Summer holidays are a great time to hit the walking trails! If you're planning a walk, remember to rest often in the shade, and avoid walking in the...
The cheapest energy is that you don't use at all — Grants & workshops available through SV can help businesses assess their energy use & reduce...
Receive monthly emails about the latest news & events