Collaborative Procurement Service
Sustainability Victoria’s (SV) Collaborative Procurement Service for Regional (non-metro) Waste and Resource Recovery Groups (WRRGs) works with and supports WRRGs to undertake best practice collaborative procurement with councils for waste and resource recovery services and infrastructure.
The service is based on a framework that provides support, advice and guidance to the WRRGs to successfully realise and deliver collaborative procurements.
As part of the service, SV will:
- maintain the Collaborative Procurement Toolkit products (including the guidelines and associated templates) to keep them up to date
- work with WRRGs and state and local government partners to facilitate networking opportunities
- facilitate the roll-out of best practice procurement training
- work with WRRGs to identify opportunities for collaborative procurement activity
- promote the advantages of collaborative procurement
- provide support to the WRRGs by:
- providing advice and guidance on
- collaborative procurement processes, including procurement planning
- preparation of procurement documents contained in the toolkit
- assisting in the engagement of external legal, probity or technical specialists
- co-presenting at forums or other meetings (where required)
SV's Collaborative Procurement Framework
SV have developed procurement guidelines to support regional WRRG personnel undertaking or facilitating a collaborative procurement activity. The guidelines are also useful for councils involved in collaborative procurements.
Document | PDF | 728KB
Collaborative Procurement Guidelines for Regional Waste and Resource Recovery Groups
Collaborative Procurement Guidelines for Regional Waste and Resource Recovery Groups Word version
If you are a council and would like to discuss collaborative procurement opportunities, please contact your relevant WRRG directly.
For more information on SV’s Collaborative Procurement Service or Framework, please contact Fiona Sergi, SV’s Procurement Lead at:
Phone +61 3 8626 8708